A Change Has Come


Hello friends,

I hope everyone is having a smooth transition towards the end of the year. How crazy is it that there are only two months left of 2018? This year has literally flown by at lightning pace. It feels like just yesterday that I was ringing in the new year at Afropunk Johannesburg and now here we are at the tail end of the year making fresh new Dezemba plans. Ok… lies, I am still settling into this new environment so I have no idea what I am doing tomorrow let alone what I am doing for NYE and lets just be honest, December during Winter is not quite the Dezemba vibe I am used to. 

So much has happened over the last ten months, its kind of overwhelming to take it all in but as some of you may have seen on my Instagram / social media, I have moved to Paris to study. It has only been a few weeks but this is already turning out to be the most incredible journey of my life so far. I will put together a separate post on the whole move, the reasons behind it and my reflection on my experience here so far at a later stage. I really want to honor the process that it has been and do it justice but right now I am still finding my feet, so creatively I am not there yet, but it will come. 







For now I will share a few crazy stories of my experience thus far. My first fews days here were comedy at its best, I felt like Eddie Murphy in Coming to America. It was a proper “Johnny comes to Joburg" story but to the nth degree! I was excited AF to be here but I couldn't understand a word anybody was saying and all the hours I spent trying to learn how to speak French on Duolingo all dissipated. I was saying “merci” when I was meant to say “bonjour”… it was a hot mess! Also, I have always known my sense of direction is bad but this was next level. I was racking up like 20 000 steps a day because I was always getting hopelessly lost, it was just ridiculous! 

Thankfully my French is on the come up through the godsend that is Alliance Française's beginners classes and now that I have a reliable sim card on a trusted network I can happily use good old Apple Maps to get on to the right Metro (long story, don't ask!). I am also learning to be more patient with myself and to not take things so seriously, besides I am an African, being on time is not in my DNA! Speaking of Africa, the way the food cravings are so real! I would get down on my knees and kiss the feet of the person who would bring me a plate of umnqusho (samp and beans). There have been mornings where I have woken up and I am craving Chicken Licken Hot Wings, then the next day its Nando’s hot peri-peri quarter chicken! Pray for me!









Just before I left home, so many of my friends and followers gassed me up hard to continue blogging, telling me to take advantage of being able to shoot incredible photos in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and become an international blogger. Naturally, being the liker of things that I am, how could I resist right? I hope you will enjoy sharing this journey with me on the blog. 

These shots were taken near the Palais Royal gardens and now onto the details of the look:

Dress - Zara
Shoes - Superbalist (Daily Friday)
Earrings - H&M
Hat - H&M 

Have an awesome weekend


xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment