Trend Alert: Cork Accessories

Hey everybody, hope this week is a good one with lots of positive and creative energy being bounced around. I have been watching clips of the talk show The Real hosted by Tamar Braxton, Tamera Mowry-Housely, Jeannie Mai, Adrienne Bailon and Loni Love. I quite like it, Loni and Tamar are hilarious and of course I keep a keen eye out for the looks the ladies don on the show. In one of the clips I happened to catch, Jeannie was expressing her views on the trend Cork, yes as in wine bottle cork!


Jeannie was not on board with this trend and was lambasting magazines for punting trends that should never have happened. I actually really like it and not just because it makes me salivate at the thought of a great glass of dry red merlot! The trend is mostly being picked up in footwear and handbags but it looks great as jewellery too. Cork has such a cool summertime look to it, perfect for cocktails at the deck.
 
Take a look...
 
Footwear...
 
 

 

 
Handbags and purses...
 






Jewellery and watches...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
For techies and cool kids...
 



Naturally celebs are already on board with this trend.

Rihanna

Rocsi Diaz

Kourtney Kardashian

So what do you think? Yay or Nay? vote in the poll and let me know what your views are.

xo

2 comments:

  1. Its a big Yay from me for the Cork...I like your blog, keep on keeping it real...love your thoughts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,amazing choice...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete