SA Fashion Week Summer / Spring 2013



South African Fashion Week Spring / Summer Collection #SAFW officially kicked off today and I am even more excited to say that my current financial affairs aren’t going to pose any threat to my attendance. I love SAFW and I have become an avid regular attendee. I will be seeing Rubicon, Fundudzi by Craig Jacobs and Gert Johan Coetzee on Saturday night. I already have my outfit planned, pictures are to follow, although I will have to pray that the weather gods are merciful to us; Johannesburg has been quite chilly these last couple of days.
I just wanted to give you all a little teaser in terms of what to expect from the designers I mentioned. Check out their collections from last years SAFW Spring / Summer Collection. 

Rubicon...
Rubicon









All images courtesy of Ivan Naude www.planetivian.com

I really like her work and as you would have seen from my previous posts on Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, I am absolutely crazy over feminine silhouettes, dramatic draping hemlines and bold use of colour or print.


Fundudzi by Craig Jacobs...
Craig Jacobs










All images courtesy of  Simon Deiner SDR photo
His last collection for SAFW Summer / Spring was quite ethereal and light with a very eclectic mix of fabrics and styles. I like the sassy mix of short curve-hugging hemlines to flowy Grecian creations. I also love that he styled the models in bright coloured pumps, one of my favourite things to come out of 2012.


Gert Johan Coetzee...

Gert Johan Coetzee











All pictures courtesy of Gary Stemmet / SDR Photo  
The farm boy turned designer has been making waves throughout the country and internationally creating designs for reality celebs Kourtney Kardashian and Kristen Cavallari. His last collection was for SAFW Autumn / Winter, had a very post-apocalyptic, toxic world theme with a very interesting use of sludgy green. Not quite my cup of tea although I am a huge fan.

I am super excited to see what is on offer this year. I will be going with my trusty Fashionista pal, Tiyani, follow her on twitter @TeyAni. I will be sure to put up pictures as soon as I can.





0 comments:

Post a Comment